top of page


  • Why soy wax?
    Soy wax is an ALL natural non-toxic wax which is both biodegradable and a renewable resource. It also has a lower melting point than traditionally used paraffin wax meaning soy candles will burn slower and for longer. Furthermore, soy candles burn with zero petro-soot, and are thus petro-soot (toxin) free candles! All in all, a much healthier choice than traditional paraffin wax candles for both our customers and the planet! We at The Muses believe in respecting our environment and through the use of sustainable, more eco-friendly wax like soy, as well as our recyclable packaging, we hope to make a positive difference.
  • How do I care for and use my candles?
    Always ensure the candle is placed on a stable, level and heat-proof surface. The candle should be placed in a deep trinket dish when burning to prevent any melted wax from falling and damaging furniture. Before lighting the candle, trim the wick to a quarter of an inch each time to ensure even and best burning. Only burn your candle up to 4 hours at a time and no more, being careful to never leave a burning candle unattended. To prevent tunneling, always ensure that container candles are burnt around the entire surface (all wax melted) during each burn. To put the flame out and prevent unwanted smoke; dip the wick (using a tweezer or other appliance) into the melted wax and then remove and straighten the wick.
  • Why does my candle have "frosting" on its surface?"
    Soy wax is a naturally occuring wax and this frosting is a natural byproduct of such a wax. The frosting in no way affects the burning ablity or the fragrance of the candle and is formed through tiny crystals that grow on the surface of the wax. We love that each and every candle made from this natural wax is unique and love how the frosting adds to this effect.
bottom of page